We recently completed a Linkedin training session for one of our clients so we thought it might be useful to share some of our top tips here on our blog. Linkedin can be a really useful business networking tool (or job hunting tool!) but like any social media platform it takes time and investment to make it work. You can’t just expect instant results but the more you put in, the more you will get out. Think help others first, and reap rewards later.
Here are some of our top tips for getting the most from Linkedin:
- Personal profiles – make sure that yours says the right things about you and that it hits your strategic objectives. Check your settings – if you are looking for new business opportunities then make sure your settings are as open as possible
- Company pages – complete these with as much information and as many images and videos as you can. Keep them fresh and interesting with frequent, relevant updates
- Recommendations – Give and you will receive so the old saying goes. Give as many recommendations as you can and ask for recommendations in a personal, specific and timely manner to ensure the best results
- Connections – build your connections where possible. Look people up and see if you can connect after you have met at networking meetings, industry events or even on Twitter
- Groups – Groups can be the most effective form of networking on Twitter but it is up to you to use them effectively. You can’t simply join and wait for the new business to come in! You need to find groups that are relevant and participate in discussions – giving information and advice where you can
We’d love to hear your success stories from Linkedin so get in touch and let us know!
At 4 C Marketing we offer training on Linkedin, as well as writing and creating personal profiles and company pages for you. For help on Linkedin, other social media platforms or any other aspect of marketing your business just give us a call on 01252 843461 or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.